Questions before purchasing

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
PET

Questions before purchasing

Post by PET »

Hello guys,

I'm working on a prototype of mine and I was thinking on buying Easy Save in order to "save my in-game progress". I like that it's having PlayMaker integration... however...

I mainly "code" using FlowCanvas.
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/33903

This is how my hierarchy and flowcanvas variables look:

Will I be able to make PlayMaker get the variables from Blackboard (Script) and then use EasySave to ... save my game?

Just to be 10000% sure...

What I want is a way to save my in-game progress.
1. Overall player progress. Number of runs, Total Gold, etc
2. The progress from a particular run, like every time my player ends his turn I want to do a SAVE and save his current progress. Camera position, current position in space, current variables, etc.

Will I be able to do this?

Is the plugin compatible with PlayMaker 1.8.0 & Unity 5.3.2?
Also, how is the support? Will I be able to come here and put in my questions? :D

Thank You!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Questions before purchasing

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Unfortunately as we have no experience with FlowCanvas, I'm unable to give any information on this. It might be worth asking on the Playmaker forums in case anyone has integrated it there, as this question is more specific to Playmaker rather than Easy Save.

Also just to clarify, Easy Save is indeed compatible with Playmaker 1.8.0 and Unity 5.3.2, and I always respond to any questions posted here on the forums. I like to think that our customer support is the best on the Asset Store, but I'll let our Asset Store reviews speak for themselves :)

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
PET

Post by PET »

Well, any plans to integrate Easy Save with FlowCanvas to? :D It's an amazing tool.. .and kind of one of a kind (For Unity at least).

In theory it should work. I can make FlowCanvas communicate with PlayMaker...
This is what I have:

So in theory I can make FlowCanvas trigger an event in PlayMaker... and then PlayMaker can do it's stuff... but as you said, I need to make sure that PlayMaker knows how to pull the variables from FlowCanvas.
Heading to PlayMaker forums right now :P

EDIT:
hahaha EasySave on sale :)... went on sale 9 mins ago. It's good I waited.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Well, any plans to integrate Easy Save with FlowCanvas to? :D
This is the first time this has been requested, but I've added a thread in our Feature Requests forum which you can vote on:
http://www.moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=946
hahaha EasySave on sale :)... went on sale 9 mins ago. It's good I waited.
Haha - I'm glad someone told me, because I had entirely forgotten that Unity had accepted us into the sale :D It only tends to happen once a year, so you got very lucky!

All the best,
Joel
PET

Post by PET »

So Joel, any chance for an integration? The guys from PlayMaker gave no response so I have no idea how to take the variables from FlowCanvas :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

As it would require a fair bit of work to create the integration (if it's even possible programatically), and because we would also need to purchase and learn FlowCanvas, we would need more people to vote on the Feature Request before we would be able to implement it.

Maybe you can get in touch with the makers of FlowCanvas to see if they have any ideas of how other assets can be integrated with their product? They'll usually have an API for this.

All the best,
Joel
PET

Post by PET »

Hello Joel,

the FlowCanvas guy (Nuverian) said this:
I don't have EasySave, but you would try to open up the Preferred Types Editor window (Windows/NodeCanvas/Preferred Types), and add the EasySave relevant classes in there. Once you do that, EasySave's functions will be shown under the "Reflected" categories. Let me know about that one.
What would EasySave relevant classes be?

This is how Preferred Types window looks in NodeCanvas config:

I'm still a n00b when it comes to lot's of things... I'm not even sure what "Reflected" really is :D

Also... in the meantime... I'm a proud owner of Easy Save :D

Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Thanks for purchasing Easy Save, much appreciated!

All of the methods which will be relevant to your case will be in the ES2 class, and the methods in particular are ES2.Save and ES2.Load (and possibly ES2.LoadArray).

All of these methods are documented here.

All the best,
Joel
PET

Post by PET »

This is what I'm currently seeing right now. Didn't found any ES2.Save ES2.Load yet.
Maybe I don't know where to look yet. :(
PET

Post by PET »

I added the ES2 ... and I managed to see those stuff:

Anything familiar?