Save all playmaker global variables?

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Save all playmaker global variables?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you post some screenshots of your FSMs and variable list so we can try to see what's going on, as Load All is working fine at our end.

All the best,
Joel
SkobbejakGames

Post by SkobbejakGames »

Thanks for the reply Joel I have sent the screenshots via a reply to the email you sent me, I also included a Text File showing the Global Variables being Saved properly. Hope that it can be of some help, let me know if you need any other info.
SkobbejakGames

Post by SkobbejakGames »

I think I know what might be causing the issue. Im using quite a few GameObject Global Variables and Ive noticed that GameObject isnt a supported Variable Type in Easy Save, so I am pretty sure this is what is causing the conflict.

Is there anyway around this or does this mean I will have to Save and Load each Global Variable separately one by one?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Looking at your variable list this would indeed be the case. Unity doesn't allow us to save GameObjects because it changes its instance ID every time it loads your app.

The workaround to this would be to store the supported Components into separate variables (which can be saved/loaded by SaveAll/LoadAll). For example, if you want to store the position and rotation, put the Transform into a variable. Depending on how Playmaker handles the variables, you may need to assign the Component back to the object it's meant to belong to, but you may be better off getting clarification on that on the Playmaker forums because that's handled at their end.

All the best,
Joel
SkobbejakGames

Post by SkobbejakGames »

Thanks for the clarification Joel, I think Im just going to stick with saving all the Globals seperately, otherwise I would need to redo quite a few different stuff using the Global GameObject variables. Thank you for all the help and for creating Easy Save 2, it really is such an amazing plugin!