[Bug] Scene Reference Manager Creating Duplicate Items in Unity Hierarchy.

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Chris at Latitude

[Bug] Scene Reference Manager Creating Duplicate Items in Unity Hierarchy.

Post by Chris at Latitude »

Hi,

I'm using EasySave3 Version 3.5.7 with UnityEditor Version 2021.3.11f1. I'm also using the Graph and Chart Asset Store package (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/t ... hart-78488). Prior to adding a scene reference manager to my scene, I had no issues.

The graph chart asset contains prefabs of UI game objects for visualizing data graphs. These graphs contain chart axes comprised of multiple child UI elements with Text components. Once I added an EasySave3 reference manager to my scene (via the instructions from the docs), and then enter into play mode, several duplicates of the chart axis child ui game objects were added to my scene hierarchy. Any assistance is appreciated.

See attached image
Unity Editor Image.png
Unity Editor Image.png (113.53 KiB) Viewed 615 times
Best,
Chris
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: [Bug] Scene Reference Manager Creating Duplicate Items in Unity Hierarchy.

Post by Joel »

Hi Chris,

All the Easy Save 3 Manager does is put the dependencies in your scene into a Dictionary, so if doing so (which is quite a standard thing to do in Unity) is causing issues then this would indicate that the asset you're using is doing something unusual underneath.

The only solution I can provide from my end is to exclude their assets from the Easy Save 3 Manager. You can do this by right-clicking the assets you wish to exclude and selecting Easy Save 3 > Exclude Reference from Manager (see https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... he-manager).

Alternatively you can manually choose what is in the Easy Save 3 Manager using the 'Manually managing references' instructions here:
https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... erformance

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Chris at Latitude

Post by Chris at Latitude »

Thanks Joel. I tried excluding the asset in the project browser and it seems to have worked for one scene but not the other. Do I need to delete all my scene refs first?

Is there a way to create a custom serialization scheme for this asset so that I can still use EasySave with it but avoid the bug I previously encountered?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Have you tried refreshing or readding the manager in the other scene?

Regarding your second question, I'm not sure what you mean by a custom serialization scheme. Please could you be more specific?
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started