Pause Auto Save Feature

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Anubis

Pause Auto Save Feature

Post by Anubis »

Hello! I was wondering if there's a way to pause the auto save feature while development is underway? I've had a few times where I tried implementing a new feature or changing another and when I went to go test, it was trying to use my older save file and was throwing a few errors or the expect behavior wasn't occurring.

Easily fixable by simply deleting the incompatible save file, but if I could pause the feature all-together until I wanted to use it that would be amazing.

I also found I can change the "Save Event" to none until I'm ready to have saving features. But I don't know if that could cause any issues in the future while I continue to work on the project.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Pause Auto Save Feature

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

As you've noted, you would just set the Save Event and Load Event to None. This will stop Auto Save from doing anything unless you manually trigger Auto Save using code.

But also note that Auto Save do anything unless you've selected things in the Auto Save window. So if you're not ready to save or load anything it might be better to deselect anything you've selected in the Auto Save window.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started