Missing actions in Playmaker

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Hectic

Missing actions in Playmaker

Post by Hectic »

Hi, was an update rolled out recently?

A couple of days ago, all of the ES3 actions in playmaker FSMs I've used now have errors. I can't find any ES3 actions in the playmaker action library. I've tried updating ES3 and also tried removing it and re-importing it.

Thanking you kindly for any help!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Missing actions in Playmaker

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We've not released any updates recently, and we hadn't made any changes to the PlayMaker actions in the previous update. Missing actions usually means that there's a compilation error in your project preventing scripts from being compiled. Could you confirm whether you're getting any compilation errors?

If not, please could you replicate this in a new project with a simple scene and send me a link to it at moodkie.com/contact.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Hectic

Post by Hectic »

You're right:

However, the only errors are ones of these nature, where an existing ES3 action is no longer recognised in a playmaker FSM. There's no other compilation errors that should be causing this.

And when I create a new project, everything seems to be working fine using playmaker + ES3.

I can't figure out what's gone wrong in my existing project. I've double checked to see if the Playmaker script is still present in the ES3 asset folder, and tried re-importing both ES3 and Playmaker into my project. Do you know if there's anything else that could be causing this?
Last edited by Hectic on Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you double check that you have the PLAYMAKER_1_8_OR_NEWER is defined in Edit > Project Settings > Player > Scripting Define Symbols? That's the only other thing I can think of which would cause this. If it's absent then this would indicate a bug at PlayMaker's end as it would indicate that their define symbols aren't being added.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started