Large amount of data usage?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
PaulPaulson91

Large amount of data usage?

Post by PaulPaulson91 »

I have been receiving comments regarding a large amount of data being used in my app, I don't use data for anything except for local storage and don't make any network calls, which leads me to believe that it is likely related to ES3

One user used ~30 MBs of their data in the span of 3 days. Another used about 10 mbs of data in less than a day, both of these include background data. I do have the app save a lot of data locally (mostly just strings or lists), but is there a setting that I'm missing that would be causing these issues? I don't want any sort of cloud storage or network calls, just local storage. I am using ES3.Save to save to a file (4 files total, 1 for each save state and 1 general save). I did have autosave enabled for those gameobjects, but that was unintentional and I wasn't using it, so I just turned that off.

Any ideas what could be happening or suggestions on how to test this? Or is this unlikely to be related to ES3?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Large amount of data usage?

Post by Joel »

Hi there, and thanks for getting in contact.

Unless you are actively using the ES3Cloud API, Easy Save does not perform any networking and only stores data locally in the persistent data path.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started