NullReferenceException & only 0 controls when doing repaint ERROR

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
info@vogeljan.com

NullReferenceException & only 0 controls when doing repaint ERROR

Post by info@vogeljan.com »

"I have installed Easy Save 3.5.6, the latest version on Unity 2021.3.30f1 LTS version. I wanted to start with the first tutorials, but right from the beginning, I encounter the following error when I simply try to begin with 'Enabling Auto Save in your scene.' The errors are as follows:"

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.TextEditor.UpdateScrollOffset () (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Modules/IMGUI/TextEditor.cs:1032)
UnityEngine.TextEditor.UpdateScrollOffsetIfNeeded (UnityEngine.Event evt) (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Modules/IMGUI/TextEditor.cs:1024)"

"ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing repaint
Aborting
UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Modules/IMGUI/LayoutGroup.cs:129)"

Thanks in advance.
Antoni
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: NullReferenceException & only 0 controls when doing repaint ERROR

Post by Joel »

Hi Antoni,

This is a bug at Unity's end in Unity 2021. You can either update to 2022, or if you private message me your invoice number I can send over a workaround for their bug.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
info@vogeljan.com

Re: NullReferenceException & only 0 controls when doing repaint ERROR

Post by info@vogeljan.com »

Hi Joel,
I have tried with version 2022 and everything is fine.
Yes, I would like the temporary solution for 2021. I will send you a private message.
Thank you.