Long hang times caused by ES3 Save

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
JordanCW97

Long hang times caused by ES3 Save

Post by JordanCW97 »

Hi there

I am having an issue with easy save causing huge hangs when loading a scene or saving a scene. It usually hangs on es3.scenemode change or es3.willsaveassets. Something like that sorry not at my computer at the moment so can't remember the exact name. Removing ES3 from my scene solved the issue however my game is fully built around es3 so I can't replace it really.

For context my scene/game is a large open world with lots of objects within the scene however I am not using any es3 prefabs at all. Any thoughts on what is causing this hang? I was thinking if re importing es3 to see if that helps.

Thanks

Jordan
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Long hang times caused by ES3 Save

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

It sounds like it's hanging on gathering references. First, try opening the Easy Save 3 Manager and pressing the Optimize button on the ES3ReferenceMgr Component. This will remove any orphaned references from the manager.

If this doesn't resolve the issue then it's likely due to the quantity of references in your scene. In this case I recommend manually managing references rather than having Easy Save automatically manage them. To do this go to Tools > Easy Save 3 > Settings and uncheck Auto Add References to Manager and uncheck Add All Prefabs to Manager.

Then when you add something to your scene which needs to be saved or loaded by reference, press the Refresh button on the Easy Save 3 Manager. If you are saving and loading prefab instances you will also need to right-click any new prefabs that you're saving and choose Easy Save 3 > Add Prefab to Manager.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
JordanCW97

Re: Long hang times caused by ES3 Save

Post by JordanCW97 »

Hi Joel

I was thinking it was due to the number of references as the scene is a large open world. I think the second suggestion will probably do just fine as I can just update it when preparing to build/test the game.

Thank you for the quick response!

Jordan