How to save directly viewable files on the ES3cloud server?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
neo42

How to save directly viewable files on the ES3cloud server?

Post by neo42 »

During development at least, I want the ability to view the saved data under server's column 'data', instead of a BLOB file.

Having it as Blob, I need to download and get inside to see what's in it. How can I make it save like a text instead? So I could check-in without downloading?

Regards, have a good day!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: How to save directly viewable files on the ES3cloud server?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Data is transmitted over the internet as a BLOB (as this is the most efficient way), so you would need to modify the ES3Cloud.php to apply a UTF8 encoding to that data and upload this, as well as change the field in MySQL to a VARCHAR.

As this is not the intended purpose of ES3Cloud I wouldn’t be able to provide any more assistance than this. However, as this is the first time such a request has been made, if you would like I can put a feature request in our Feature Requests forum in case other users require the same thing?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
neo42

Post by neo42 »

Joel wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:20 am Data is transmitted over the internet as a BLOB (as this is the most efficient way), so you would need to modify the ES3Cloud.php to apply a UTF8 encoding to that data and upload this, as well as change the field in MySQL to a VARCHAR.
Hello again.
I've changed the "data" column to use VARCHAR as you suggested. It appears as texts now and is viewable with ease.
I'm sorry to ask this but how can I modify the ES3Cloud.php to apply a UTF8 encoding to the data?

And about adding it as a feature, you may do as you wish ^^ but I don't see it compulsory tbh.

Regards.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

If you are able to see the data as text in your VARCHAR field then the server is automatically using a UTF8 encoding for you, so you shouldn't need to do anything else :)

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started