Saving Objects w/ children does not save certain components

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
H2r

Saving Objects w/ children does not save certain components

Post by H2r »

Hello! For context, I am using the latest version of your asset and the latest version of playmaker. Basically, the problem is that whenever I am saving multiple game objects w/ children (An array or otherwise) in the same file, It will not load the line renderer component (It loads the transform component though) I have on the children when I load it. After looking through your websites and other forum posts I think I have an idea of why this is the case. I believe that the playmaker actions (or at least some aspects of them) have not been updated from easy save 2 to easy save 3. The reason I say this is because on the supported types page of your easy save 2 website, it only lists 5 component types, "Transform" being one of them. I believe that playmaker is using this outdated system to save my files and that is why it only loads the transform component. If this is not the case and I am just being really stupid, please explain the solution to me. If this is the case, then I am happy to have brought it to your attention and I will eagerly await an update to fix it. If there is no way for me to achieve my goal (saving multiple game assets w/ children in one file) then I will request a refund for this product. Thank you! Hopefully I can find a solution!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Saving Objects w/ children does not save certain components

Post by Joel »

Hi there, and thanks for getting in contact.

As mentioned in the Saving and Loading GameObjects and Prefabs guide:
This will save and load the following:
As LineRenderer isn't natively supported, it will not be serialised. Instead you would need to create your own ES3Type for this.

If you would rather get a refund then please private message me your invoice number and I'll contact them to authorise it.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started