Unable to compile after install

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
c2green

Unable to compile after install

Post by c2green »

After installing Easy Save 2 into my project I get the following compile errors:

C:\Projects\Repository_local\Dungeonaddic\Assets\Easy Save 2\Types\ES2_AudioClip.cs(37,37): Error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ES2Type' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS0246) (Assembly-CSharp)
C:\Projects\Repository_local\Dungeonaddic\Assets\Easy Save 2\Examples\Upload and Download a Texture\UploadDownloadTexture.cs(10,10): Error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ES2Settings' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS0246) (Assembly-CSharp)
C:\Projects\Repository_local\Dungeonaddic\Assets\Easy Save 2\Types\ES2_AudioClip.cs(42,42): Error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ES2Writer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS0246) (Assembly-CSharp)
C:\Projects\Repository_local\Dungeonaddic\Assets\Easy Save 2\Types\ES2_AudioClip.cs(30,30): Error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ES2Reader' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS0246) (Assembly-CSharp)

I tried deleting the examples but that only removed the 2nd error on the list. And when I delete ES2_AudioClip I suddenly get into the realm of 90 errors. I tried Refreshing ES2Init as you suggested in an older thread but it didn't make a difference in the behavior.

Any thoughts on what is wrong?

Thanks,
Craig
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Unable to compile after install

Post by Joel »

Hi Craig,

If you remove Easy Save from your project, reimport from the Asset Store, and then ensure you don't run the API updater when it asks, this should fix your issue.

For some reason Unity's API updater corrupts the DLL, causing Easy Save to not be compiled.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
c2green

Re: Unable to compile after install

Post by c2green »

I so wish I had asked you before spending a few hours trying to troubleshoot this! ;) It works perfect now. Thanks for your help.