ES2 as a way to save and load levels?

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
Dak_796

ES2 as a way to save and load levels?

Post by Dak_796 »

Hi,
Would Easy Save 2 be a good solution to save out my level data instead of keeping the levels in scene format? I am not trying to save player progress, but use ES2 as a tool to export level data and load at runtime.
- Currently, levels are each a scene, but I would prefer to have a single scene with all my shared game elements (hud, camera, logic etc) and just load the simple level data into that scene.
- Each level scene has a bunch of the same prefab arranged in different configurations (puzzle game)- there are some custom game specific attributes on the prefabs that get set per prefab- so I need to save Xform + a set of custom attributes.
- I would like to use scene format to author the levels, but then export them as data, and just ship the data with the game (not the scenes). The level data would be loaded at runtime.
I have started doing this in .xml format- but an off the shelf solution with Playmaker support would save me time.
Thanks,
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: ES2 as a way to save and load levels?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This would be possible, but whether this is easier than your current method in Playmaker depends on your project.

The best idea is to take a look at our Playmaker reference to see what actions are available so you can see how you would incorporate it using a combination of these actions: http://docs.moodkie.com/product/easy-sa ... r-actions/

Note that if you're instantiating prefabs then you may need to keep a list of references to those prefabs and store their position in that list, as Easy Save 2 stores data by value.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started