HELP | ES3 Cloud Save/Load | HELP

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
blueagardq13

HELP | ES3 Cloud Save/Load | HELP

Post by blueagardq13 »

Hi, so here I saved a file to the website based upon the user's login details. However, I keep getting an error about he myGlobalFile.es3 could not be found : https://gyazo.com/0b983bd95354c7edc993b753418a2124
Where do I handle that file as I have not seen anywhere or documentation to help on that.

Also, whenever I load the file from the server using this code here : https://gyazo.com/f3e7060975a8e95f74be058b63d5f5d8
Where is that file after I download it? How can I access it and load it to my script?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: HELP | ES3 Cloud Save/Load | HELP

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you create a self contained script which demonstrates your issue by both uploading and downloading a file which I can drop into a new project? It wouldn't be possible for me to replicate it from what you've sent.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
blueagardq13

Post by blueagardq13 »

Sure thing! So the code example I have here is based upon this example : https://gyazo.com/5dba4b6293f9952b9112436069714540

So I would like to Save to my database, and Load from my database. I have my API Code and php setup on my Database. However, when I save my file at runtime it does save the "SaveFile.es3" to the database, but the "myGlobalFile.es3" says it cannot be found. Also, how can I go about using that downloaded file that it gets from the server as I don't really see a way of accessing it?

I have attached a sample code below :)

Thanks
Attachments
Test.cs
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

There doesn't appear to be anywhere in your code where you're creating a file called myGlobalFile.es3, so nothing will be uploaded.

All the best,
Joel
blueagardq13

Post by blueagardq13 »

Thanks, I believe I understand now. I am looking how to create a file on your docs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT : Ok, so I had changed the Default file path in the Settings to "myGlobalFile.es3" and now I have no errors.
- So, I believe that you could only upload one file at a time and I would have to go in and change the name if I would like to update a different file. I see now. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,
So, I believe that you could only upload one file at a time and I would have to go in and change the name if I would like to update a different file
This is incorrect. The issue is that you're not specifying the filename in your ES3.Save call, so this will write to the default file (which at the time was SaveFile.es3, not myGlobalFile.es3). Changing the default filename is one way of resolving this, but simply providing the same filename to the ES3.Save method as you've done for the cloud.UploadFile and cloud.DownloadFile method would also resolve this.

All the best,
Joel