Cloud upload/download - bandwidth usage concern

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
neo42

Cloud upload/download - bandwidth usage concern

Post by neo42 »

Hi everyone!

So far I had been using a custom implementation for saving and uploading/downloading to/fro the cloud. My custom "saved data" .asset file, even for test purposes, had 2 strings and 2 ints. The file size became 6kb just for that little thing. And just to upload to the cloud, it was consuming 3kb download and 6kb upload.

I need to ask, how does the ES3's save filesize would compare/increase in relative to what's inside it? Somethin like that. Because I may need to upload player's data many times to the cloud, being a multiplayer game, I want to minimize the data consumption/usage.

Altho, it shouldnt be a big problem, as most players/areas have wifi facilities now, but for the sake of mobile-data users I guess.

Kind regards, please get back soon.

---------------------------------------------

Also, does ES3's cloud features support having a different row on the sql database? For handling specific data of specific players/clients.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Cloud upload/download - bandwidth usage concern

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Easy Save will just upload the file as raw bytes, so the act of uploading it shouldn't make the transferred any larger or smaller.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
neo42

Post by neo42 »

As raw bytes? Im not very aware of what that means..
"the act of uploading it shouldn't make the transferred any larger or smaller." How is it so? Even if my Es3savefile size if any larger or smaller, wouldnt affect?

Also, please do check on the second question I had on my post :) For I will need to use separate rows on my database *thinks*
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This means that it simply sends the file as a byte array, so it doesn't change the format or content of the file when uploading.

Easy Save's cloud functionality is only intended as cloud storage, not as a relational database. It has the ability to provide a different username and password for each user, and a filename. Please see the documentation for more information.

https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... -es3cloud/

All the best,
Joel
neo42

Post by neo42 »

Hello, thank you very much for the answer!

So far along my testing, I'm happy with the bandwidth its using.

I'd like to ask,
On my sql database (pic attached), the client Username/Password seems to be encrypted. I believe it was a right decision to do so, but is there a way I can see it without encryption?

Cuz along the server management process, I MAY need to check on specific player/clients. And if the "user" on the db is encrypted like so, I cannot check I guess.
Would there be any way to see it without encryption, or to Create a.. umm a PlayerID of some sort? Like if I could create a column on my database that would store an Integer as an ID. (which I would generate in my ways)

And yes, its intended to be a cloud storage foremost and I understand it, but I wish to proceed further with its uses for my game.

EDIT: Im diving into the codes, figuring out.

OKAY! Ive figured out how to do "a PlayerID of some sort". I'll be attempting to see if I could do some code changes to do something in my mind.. I'll post back if needed.

Thank you very much.
Attachments
Screenshot_16.png
Screenshot_16.png (6.73 KiB) Viewed 1264 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

You can disable username/password hashing by appending DISABLE_HASHING to the Scripting Define Symbols field of Unity's Player Settings.

All the best,
Joel