Intro to easy save + playmaker

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
ieatcolors

Intro to easy save + playmaker

Post by ieatcolors »

Hello! Fairly new to Playmaker and Easy Save 3. I use global variables to save all of the player stats that I care about. How do you auto save that and auto load global variables each time a scene loads via Playmaker?

Right now instead of that solution, I am saving global variables each time I know a variable changes. For instance I made this FSM here that adds money to Money global variable everytime you click a btton and then does a "Save All" but I get this error. I then have a random FSM that just does Load all on START event.

I think I am not understanding the key fundamentals of how to use Easy Save 3 with Playmaker.

See my setup and my errors in the screenshot attached.
Attachments
fsmsavetest.PNG
fsmsavetest.PNG (159.67 KiB) Viewed 974 times
error1.PNG
error1.PNG (517.22 KiB) Viewed 974 times
error 2.PNG
error 2.PNG (417.02 KiB) Viewed 974 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Intro to easy save + playmaker

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I don't appear to be able to replicate your issue at my end. Please could you create a new, basic project with a basic scene which replicates this and private message it to me with instructions?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
ieatcolors

Re: Intro to easy save + playmaker

Post by ieatcolors »

Hello! Thanks for the quick response. I did create a new simplified project and had no issues with easy save. To circle back, on this problem incase someone else is having the same issue - easy save was having issues with a Game Object that was a Global Variable but wasn't being used. As soon as I deleted that, things started working!