Easy save is not easy for me!

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Easy save is not easy for me!

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you PM me a project which replicates this? I've seen an error similar to this, but was fixed in a previous version. In the previous instance, it was caused because Unity had marked an object as destroyed, but still allowed access to the instance, so it looks like there may be another edge case where this is happening.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
fanaei

Post by fanaei »

The project is big and with my slow connection it's hard to upload it. But I fixed that error. It seems it was just missing a variable on load that was saved.
(I'm still waiting for your update. I've sent you my invoice in PM)
fanaei

Post by fanaei »

I was trying to disable localPosition variable from transform type, but every time that I unchecked it, it was getting checked again automatically!
Finally I found out that there are two ES3Type_Transform files and by changing the script on another file, it got fixed!
(And I'm still waiting for the update ;) )
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

My apologies, it looks like I tried to send the reply as an email to the PM notification rather than reply to the PM itself. I was clearly having a rough day :lol:

All the best,
Joel
fanaei

Post by fanaei »

Thank you Joel for Update.
But I got a new Problem! :cry:
Now I can't save the game at all! It's the error:

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ES3AutoSaveMgr.Save () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Auto Save/ES3AutoSaveMgr.cs:35)
SaveLoadGame.SaveTheGame () (at Assets/00-Scripts/Common/SaveLoadGame.cs:14)
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:166)
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:58)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:36)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:45)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you PM me a project (or a link to a project) and instructions to replicate this?

Also you might want to try deleting the Easy Save 3 Manager in your scene to allow it refresh, and check that your ES3 Auto Save components are not missing references on your GameObjects. Judging by the error, one of the Auto Saves is null.

All the best,
Joel
fanaei

Post by fanaei »

Deleted "Easy Save 3 Manager" and added it again, so it got fixed!
fanaei

Post by fanaei »

Honestly your asset is going to make me crazy! :cry:
Now I get lots of new objects in the scene! What are these?!
Problem.jpg
Problem.jpg (59.91 KiB) Viewed 6849 times
Also I'm trying to save Inventory settings on my Main Camera, but when I save and then load, My camera doesn't follow the Player anymore!
These things are going to be so annoying :(
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

ES3 Loaded GameObjects are created when you're loading a GameObject or Component, but no existing GameObject or Prefab exists for it.

It's not possible for me to tell what is causing this without seeing your project, but I would hazard a guess that you have old save data with the old instance IDs which no longer exist. Deleting your save data by going to Window > Easy Save 3 > Tools > Clear Persistent Data Path should fix this.

All the best,
Joel
fanaei

Post by fanaei »

The problems and errors of Auto saving was so annoying. So I decided to do it manually.
Now can you help me that how can I save this array?
public Image[] itemBgImages = new Image[numItemSlots];