When testing in Mac, It showed "Access to path is denied"

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
light

When testing in Mac, It showed "Access to path is denied"

Post by light »

Hi there,

These days I had a big problem with this. I had complied project A and run it on a Mac. As the subject mention it shows "Access to path .......(a long strange path) is denied".
My environment is Unity 5.6.5 f1(PC), PlayMaker 1.8.5, ES2 2.8.4, And I use SaveAll action to make saving. Below is my setting
QQ截图20180604110127.png
QQ截图20180604110127.png (24.01 KiB) Viewed 4414 times
Project A worked fine on PC but didn't work on Mac.

An interesting thing is I have a project B with the same environment and setting(including Unity Player Setting), and it works fine on Mac. When I unpack them(A.app and B.app), I can find a saved file in B but nothing in A. Before running A, the Mac has to verify something like security and privacy for A, but B doesn't need it. I am not sure what is the problem. Do I need to ruin the whole project A and recreate it? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

All The Best,
Light
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: When testing in Mac, It showed "Access to path is denied

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I don't seem to be able to replicate your error at my end. Please could you PM me a project and instructions to replicate it?

Also note that the only path guaranteed to be writable is the persistent data path. If the Default OSX Path is left blank then data will be stored in the persistent data path, but in your project you appear to have it set to "./", which might not be a valid path at runtime. I would recommend leaving this field blank, rather than setting it "./".

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
light

Post by light »

Hi Joel,

Thanks to your advice. I am sorry that project A is too large to PM you. I will try it by my own later.

All the best,
Light
light

Post by light »

Hi Joel,

Finally I find what the problem is. When opening a big size package, Mac needs to verify its security and privacy. The saving action fails due to that verification. I think this only happens in my test Mac. Anyway, Thank you for any support.

All the best,
Light
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Light,

Glad you managed to work out what was happening!

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started