How to Update, Update Errors and Deleting Error

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
robert.nally

How to Update, Update Errors and Deleting Error

Post by robert.nally »

Hi,

I had or have Easy Save 2 in my project. I recently started running into a problem where when starting a new game some things that should be deleted were no longer getting deleted. Some things did still delete, but others didn't. This functionality use to work and I'm not sure why it stopped working. Since some things were still getting deleted and the code looked alright to me I thought it might just be an update issue or time to update the package.

When updating the package I've run into a few more errors. Is there a proper way or guide on how to update Easy Save? Should I fully delete the old package first? Can I allow Unity to try to update the package on it's own? Unity does recognize that a package with the same name is there and it does try to update it. I've tried both of these methods and I am getting a few errors either way I try. The errors deal with things being defined multiple times. For example:

-Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 2/Editor/ES2EditorManageTypes.cs(24,34): error CS0433: The imported type `ES2Type' is defined multiple times
-Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 2/Editor/ES2EditorFileEditor.cs(24,29): error CS0433: The imported type `ES2Header' is defined multiple times
-Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 2/Editor/ES2DefaultSettingsInspector.cs(22,29): error CS0433: The imported type `ES2GlobalSettings' is defined multiple times

Do you know what this is referring to and how or where I can delete the duplication?

Hoping you can help solve some of these errors.

Thanks,
Rob
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: How to Update, Update Errors and Deleting Error

Post by Joel »

Hi Rob,

It looks like the Asset Store importer has failed to delete the old package. If you search your project for and delete ES2.dll, ES2Editor.dll and MoodkieSecurity.dll, this should fix your issue.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
robert.nally

Post by robert.nally »

Thanks!

I was able to find this thread:

https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1283

which also helped. I had a bunch of old stuff I needed to delete. I also realized I needed to include ".txt" on file names in order to delete them and fix that other bug I had.

Thanks again,
Rob
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad you managed to find the solution to your problem!

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started