Playmaker action is gone

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
milanepps

Playmaker action is gone

Post by milanepps »

Hi,

A couple weeks back I updated ES2, and I just did an update on PlayMaker (1.8.9). And now, I don't see the Exists action in Playmaker actions anymore. All of my save files were set up this way, based on the tutorial in your post about using PlayMaker, so I was using the Exists action as it instructed. Now, I only see Exists into Bool. Is this meant to replace the previous action? If so, can you tell me how to use it for all of my save ints, floats, and bools? If it's not supposed to be the new way to set up save files, can you provide a way for me to reimport the 'Exists' action? That seems to be the only required action I'm missing.

Thanks,
Milan
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Playmaker action is gone

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The Exists action appears to be present for me in the latest version on the Asset Store. Please could you try updating Easy Save and see if that fixes your issue?

If not, please could you send me a basic project which replicates the error.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
milanepps

Post by milanepps »

Hi,

I actually was able to find the solution in another post. I was searching yesterday but didn't see it at first. But I found the post with the Exists action and downloaded it a couple of minutes ago. I recently updated, so I'm not sure why I only see Exists into Bool. Still, I'll check to see if I'm missing anything. Thanks a bunch! This totally solved my issue!

Is there a video tutorial on using the Auto Save feature? I intend to use it for my next game since this one is essentially finished, but filled with PlayMaker actions.

Best,
Milan

P.S. Once the submission process is completed for Google Play and the App Store, I'll be back on to share the info about my game, since it's using Easy Save 2. :)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Glad you managed to find the solution to your problem.

We don't have video tutorials for Auto Save. However, if you plan on using Auto Save I strongly recommend using Easy Save 3's version, as it is much simpler and more efficient than the Easy Save 2 version: http://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es3 ... hout-code/

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started