Errors after updating

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
Seiryu32

Errors after updating

Post by Seiryu32 »

So weird anomaly: I recently updated ES2 and it works fine in UWP no errors but then I switch to Standalone and I get Assembly errors when I build it. I would normally tweak the DLL settings to fix it but since the most recent versions of ES2 are run through Script instead of DLL, how do i fix it? I tried loading a new project but got the same errors.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Errors after updating

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Would you be able to let me know what error you are getting?

Also we've had it in the past where DLLs weren't deleted from the old version. If you search your project for ES2.dll, ES2Editor.dll and MoodkieSecurity.dll and delete them, this might fix your problem.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Seiryu32

Post by Seiryu32 »

I did a clean install of a new project and re-installed it so the ES2, ES2editor and MoodkieSecurity DLLs don't exist anymore. It returns error Cs0234 Es2playmaker.cs Are you missing an assembly reference?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

It looks like you've got the PlayMaker precompiler directive defined, but you don't have PlayMaker in your project.

Please could you go to Edit > Project Settings > Player, find the Scripting Define Symbols field and ensure that there are no PlayMaker define symbols in that field.

If this does not fix your problem, please could you post the full stacktrace so I can see where in the code the error is occurring?

All the best,
Joel
Seiryu32

Post by Seiryu32 »

Well that didn't work. Here's the list:

Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2_AudioClip.cs: Error Cso246 The Type or namespace name "ES2Type" could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Easy Save 2/Examples/Upload and Download/UploadandDownloadTexture.cs: Error Cso246 The Type or namespace name "ES2Settings" could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2_AudioClip.cs: Error Cso246 The Type or namespace name "ES2Writer" could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2_AudioClip.cs: Error Cso246 The Type or namespace name "ES2Reader" could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Easy Save 2/Actions/ES2player.cs: Error Cso246 The Type or namespace name "ES2Settings" could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2Playmaker.cs: Error Cso246 The Type or namespace name "ES2Web" could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2_AudioClip.cs: Error Cso246 The Type or namespace name "ES2Spreadsheet" could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Note: I don't get these errors in UWP.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

If those namespaces are missing then some very important files have failed to import from the Asset Store. Try reimporting from the Asset Store.

If this does not work, please could you PM me a very basic project which replicates the error.

All the best,
Joel