Saved text looks jumbled w/ Playmaker

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
jacob_IGS88

Saved text looks jumbled w/ Playmaker

Post by jacob_IGS88 »

Hey guys, hopefully my issue is a rather simple one and can be resolved quickly. I am attempting to create a layman's database of string variables using easy save and playmaker. My goal is to be able to query certain "tags" so that a user can view the entered data when needed. Sounds simple enough, right? By the way, I am a complete novice at C# and the only reason I am able to do what I can do is large in part because of Playmaker. Keep that in mind when attempting to resolve my issue.

I am using an input field to get the entered string variable. I then save the typed info as a global string variable.
The next state attempts to save the predertimed "tag" and the saved string variable to a .txt file. When I open the .txt file, it looks like a hot mess. I can make out the tag and typed variable, but all the other characters are totally throwing me off.
Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for reviewing my problem, and I look forward to a speedy response.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Saved text looks jumbled w/ Playmaker

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Easy Save 2 stores data in binary format, so you won't be able to read it in a text editor.

If you want to store readable data to a file, you can use the Save Raw or Append Raw actions, but note that this will write unformatted data so you will need to parse it yourself if you wish to load it back using the Load Raw action.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
jacob_IGS88

Post by jacob_IGS88 »

Ahh ok, i see. Makes sense. Thanks for the response, man. Love the plugin.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad to hear it! Just a quick note: if you do need readable formatted files, the Easy Save 3 Beta stores in readable JSON format rather than binary.

All the best,
Joel
jacob_IGS88

Post by jacob_IGS88 »

Hey man,

so when attempting to install / update easy save 3, i received the following error...

Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/Component Types/ES3Type_Camera.cs(43,54): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.Camera.stereoMirrorMode' is obsolete: `This property is no longer supported. Please use single pass stereo rendering instead.'

Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/Component Types/ES3Type_Camera.cs(136,16): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.Camera.stereoMirrorMode' is obsolete: `This property is no longer supported. Please use single pass stereo rendering instead.

What's up with that? I saw some other threads where you were able to resolve the issue, but for some reason I seem incapable of following along. I got as far as refreshing the .ini files in the manage types submenu, but how to redirect the .dll files you had mentioned kind of confused me. Wasn't sure how to go about redirecting them.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

You should just need to delete the ES3Type_Camera.cs and then press Refresh ES2Init to fix the message youre receiving.

All the best,
Joel
jacob_IGS88

Post by jacob_IGS88 »

Right on, that worked. But it did yield two not so critical errors.

Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs(22,21): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorApplication.playmodeStateChanged' is obsolete: `Use EditorApplication.playModeStateChanged and/or EditorApplication.pauseStateChanged'

Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs(22,21): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorApplication.playmodeStateChanged' is obsolete: `Use EditorApplication.playModeStateChanged and/or EditorApplication.pauseStateChanged'

Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Web/ES3Cloud.cs(222,28): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest.Send()' is obsolete: `Use SendWebRequest. It returns a UnityWebRequestAsyncOperation which contains a reference to the WebRequest object.'

And then several variations of that last error code but lists different lines. Any ideas on that one, or should I clear and move on?

Also, final question...When saving and appending raw into a text file, it just adds it onto the new line. Is there a way to format the text? Maybe at least drop each value into a new line?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

These warnings will be fixed in the next update, but are harmless.

With regards to adding data to a new line, simply append/prepend a newline character to your data you're appending. i.e. ES3.SaveRaw("\n" + "my line of text", "myFile.txt");

All the best,
Joel
jacob_IGS88

Post by jacob_IGS88 »

My man, that worked great. Thanks a ton! I will forever praise Easy Save in mead halls far and wide.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad to hear it :D

All the best,
Joel