Can't update or enable playmaker actions

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
Anticleric

Can't update or enable playmaker actions

Post by Anticleric »

Under Unity 5.3.1p4 and the latest version of playmaker and easy save 2,

When I choose "Enable or update playmaker action..." Everything looks like it works, I get the window that pops and and says Easy Save 2 PlayMaker Action has been Enabled and Updated".

When I hit ok, the console reports this:

Package corrupted, deduced GUID exists but at different destination path, refusing import.
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:ImportPackage(String, Boolean)
ES2EnableFeatures:EnableOrUpdatePlayMaker()

On building I can confirm that easy save is not working for my game. Doesnt load.. doesnt save.
My actions are all still inside playmaker and set properly.
I did notice the addition of the "Use PlayerPrefs" checkbox on the actions, that appear to be checked on. Could this be causing a problem?
I tried deleting easy save completely and reimporting.. but I got the same arror.

I don't know. I'm at a loss. It's been up all night.. it's 8am. Need me some saves :P
Thanks in advance for any help.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Can't update or enable playmaker actions

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The package has installed, but for some reason Unity has started throwing errors when you try to overwrite a package with one containing the same GUID.

However, if Use PlayerPrefs is checked, then unchecking it should solve your problem. You may also want to check that the values of the fields in the actions are also set to the correct values, as sometimes Playmaker has a tendency to reset these, especially if updating from a much older version of the action.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Anticleric

Post by Anticleric »

Thanks Joel.
I don't suppose there is a way to globaly uncheck the use player prefs box is there? I have hundreds of saves scattered through about 20 different scenes. Not even sure I can find them all.

Edit: Nevermind. I went through and found them all and unchecked the boxes. Wasn't that difficult.
Works now. Cheers
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad you managed to find the boxes. The default values are set by Playmaker, so we don't really have control over them.

We're removing the Use PlayerPrefs option in the next update anyway as it was only originally intended as a workaround for an issue which has since been fixed. The default save location can now be set from Assets > Easy Save 2 > Settings > Default Settings.

- Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started