Save all playmaker global variables?

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
Anticleric

Save all playmaker global variables?

Post by Anticleric »

Hi.

I'm working on an adventure game, a lot of global variables switching off and on with playmaker per scene. Is there an easy way to save/load all global variables to a file without having to list and create entries for each one individually?

I've looked around and can't seem to find what would seem like an obvious function.

Thanks! :)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Save all playmaker global variables?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Unfortunately Playmaker doesn't seem to give us a way of doing this at the moment. However, we'll have another look into it just incase there's some way we can work around the limitation.

All the best,
Joel
Anticleric

Post by Anticleric »

Joel wrote:Hi there,

Unfortunately Playmaker doesn't seem to give us a way of doing this at the moment. However, we'll have another look into it just incase there's some way we can work around the limitation.

All the best,
Joel

Amazing. Thank you so much. If you don't find anything, I could also contact the playmaker team.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks again :)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We've found a way to do this and we'll be adding a SaveAll and LoadAll action to the next update. This will also allow you to save/load all variables of an FSM.

We're hoping to have the update submitted to the Asset Store on Friday, so it should be available sometime next week.

All the best,
Joel
Anticleric

Post by Anticleric »

Wow what? That is amazing news! I know that using globals for this type of thing is generally frowned upon, but for my purposes, it's exactly what I need.

This will save me so much work! I will sing your praises from the mountain tops. haha

Thank you so much!
I'll keep an eye out for the update :)

Edit: just to clarify, the function will allow to save/load ALL variables marked as global in playmaker? So I say "save all" to a file, then exit the game, "load all" on returning to the game and I can just go about my business as if the game was never excited? Or will I still have to individually tag each variable?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad you're excited about this :)

Just to clarify, you won't need to individually tag each variable. It automatically uses the name of the variable as the tag, and upon loading automatically assigns the data back to the variable with the same name.

The only caveat of course is that it will only save/load types on the Supported Types list.

- Joel
Anticleric

Post by Anticleric »

So great! Exactly what the doctor ordered.
Thanks again :D
TCCGAMES

Post by TCCGAMES »

I haven't been able to get Save All to work with playmaker. Saving and loading individual variables is a breeze, but using Save All doesn't seem to do anything. Am I doing something wrong?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Please could you send me some screenshots of your states, actions and variables list so I can try to work out what's going on?

Also note that Easy Save will only save and restore variables which are in the variable list, and they must be types supported by Easy Save.

All the best,
Joel
SkobbejakGames

Post by SkobbejakGames »

Hi,

I also seem to be having a problem with the Save All and Load All Playmaker actions. I am using these to save and load all of my Global Variables and the Save All function seems to work just fine and Saves all the Global Variables to the appropriate text file, however they dont seem to want to Load via the Load All action even though Playmaker declares in the debug Log that the action ran succesfully. Another thing is, I havent set any of my Varables that save to encrypt their Save Data although they always save in an encrypted format (with only the Tags being readble and the values being encrypted) this makes it quite frustrating and impossible to read the saved balues of the Variables.

Please any help on these matters would be immensely appreciated, please get back to me ASAP as it is urgent. Thanks in advance for any and all help.