Playmaker problem in xcode

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
avigamestudios

Playmaker problem in xcode

Post by avigamestudios »

Hi there,

Just bought easy save 2 and i use the save int and load int playmaker action and it works great on editor but when i built to Xcode,the build was succeeded
until the game scene where i used the save and load int action, i have this error message :

Unhandled Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Default constructor not found...ctor() of HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.MissingAction'.
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.CreateAction (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state, Int32 actionIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.LoadActions (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.LoadActions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.InitData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Init (UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour component) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlayMakerFSM.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlayMakerFSM.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thx.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Playmaker problem in xcode

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The error message actually shows that an error is occurring when Playmaker tries to throw an exception, which is an error at Playmaker's end. Make sure you're using the latest version of Playmaker as this may be a bug in an earlier version.

However, it's also likely that Easy Save is throwing an error alongside this, but the Playmaker error is hiding that error, so we can't see what is actually causing the problem.

The main cause of errors like this is trying to load data which doesn't exist. Are you using the Exists action to check that data exists before using the Load action? If not, you need to do this.

If this isn't the source of the problem, please could you send me some screenshots of your FSM and it's actions?

All the best,
Joel
avigamestudios

Post by avigamestudios »

Oh really,first i used the "exist action" to check whether the file exist or not before loading.
but i don't really understand the use of it,so i go straight without the "Exist action" and load int when the game start.
So what's the idea with the "exist" action?
Why it will create error in xcode when everything go smoothly in unity ?
avigamestudios

Post by avigamestudios »

Ok now, i've tried using the "exist" action when the game started and "load int"if data exist and do nothing if data not exist.at the end of the game i use "save int".
once again it works fine and still got his message in Xcode.

Unhandled Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Default constructor not found...ctor() of HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.MissingAction'.
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.CreateAction (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state, Int32 actionIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.LoadActions (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.LoadActions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.InitData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Init (UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour component) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlayMakerFSM.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlayMakerFSM.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/iPhonePlayer-armv7Generated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

My playmaker version is 1.7.7.f6 Blackberry version
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 10.07.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 10.07.07 PM.png (58.15 KiB) Viewed 14738 times
Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 10.07.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 10.07.43 PM.png (59.03 KiB) Viewed 14738 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi again,

We've tested your FSM with Unity 4.5 and the latest version of Playmaker and it's all working fine at our end.

We only support the main Playmaker asset so you might want to try installing that, or reinstalling it (i.e. this one: http://u3d.as/content/hutong-games-llc/playmaker/1Az).

You might want to get in touch with the Playmaker team because the error message is caused at their end rather than at ours (it's an error with their HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.MissingAction exception class), and it's stopping any errors caused by Easy Save from being able to come through, if there are any.

Also according to this post on the Playmaker forums, you might want to try re-saving your FSMs and then delete & rebuild your Xcode project: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/i ... pic=2676.0

Let us know how you get on!

- Joel
avigamestudios

Post by avigamestudios »

Hi Joel,
I still waiting for answer in playmaker forum.
One thing confuse me is when i didn't use the easy save 2 playmaker action, the Xcode works just fine.
so your point is the easy save 2 action doesn't agree with current playmaker version which is 1.7.7.f6 ?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

It may not agree with the Blackberry version of Playmaker, as the normal version of Playmaker has a different version number (1.7.7.2). Apparently Blackberry functionality is now included in the main version of Playmaker, so you shouldn't have to have a specific Blackberry version of Playmaker. I've checked with a number of clients who use Playmaker extensively with iOS, along with our own tests, and we've not managed to replicate your error, so it's might be that causing the problem.

Also, are you using the latest version of Easy Save? If you could you PM me the Invoice Number and Date of Purchase from the invoice which Unity sent you when you purchased Easy Save, I'll see if Unity can check that you've been sent the right version.

I'll try to explain a little differently regarding the error: Easy Save may be throwing an error, but we cannot see any details of the error because the mechanism which Playmaker uses to display the error has a bug.

Another thing to try would be to delete any actions from the Assets/Playmaker/Actions folder which start with 'ES2' and then go to the menu 'Assets->Easy Save 2->Install or Update Playmaker Action to reinstall the action. You may also need to re-save your FSMs. You might want to make sure you're using the latest version of Unity too.

All the best,
Joel
avigamestudios

Post by avigamestudios »

Hi joel,

Just created a new project and from my assets store download manager i import the playmaker version 1.7.7.2 which is surprisingly became 1.7.7.6 automatically(i think the assets store put the wrong version,i don't know).

so i use the "exist","load int" and "save int" action.
and the result is yes, it created the same error in Xcode.
the bad thing is my project is build with version 1.7.7.f6 so i'm pretty screwed.

any suggestion?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

It's coming up as 1.7.7.2 in the Asset Store and 1.7.7.6 in the 'About Playmaker...' screen for us too, so that's not the problem.

Would you be able to put the project you've just created into a zip file, upload it to something like Sendspace and PM me the URL? I think I'll need to test your exact configuration to get to the bottom of this, so this will be the easiest way to do so.

If you receive any information from the Playmaker team in the meantime, please let me know.

Thanks,
Joel
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

I've just tested your project at my end. When I build it myself, it works fine. However, when I open up the Xcode project which you compiled and run it, I get the error you're speaking of.

Are you using iOS stripping of any sort? Easy Save doesn't support stripping because it removes the libraries which it requires. If not, are there any other settings you are using which are Pro only?

I think we're getting closer to solving the problem now!

- Joel