Using Cloud.Sync function returns 'ES3Cloud is functioning correctly' server error, but file is not uploaded to table.

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
otisildor

Using Cloud.Sync function returns 'ES3Cloud is functioning correctly' server error, but file is not uploaded to table.

Post by otisildor »

Hi, I followed the steps to get the es3Cloud table created in my mySQL database, and I also manually created the ES3Variables.php file. Here is my code in unity:

var cloud = new ES3Cloud("http://XXXXXXXXXXX/ES3Cloud.php", "1234XXXXX1234"); //(XXXXXs are just to hide the real information).
yield return StartCoroutine(cloud.Sync("/XXXXXXXX/Myfile.es3"));

if(cloud.isError)
Debug.LogError(cloud.error);

What then happens is I get ' ES3Cloud is functioning correctly' returned in the error log in unity, but nothing is loaded to my table. What could be the issue?

Thanks!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Using Cloud.Sync function returns 'ES3Cloud is functioning correctly' server error, but file is not uploaded to tabl

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We've had no other reports of this. The only way this can happen is if the server isn't receiving the POST data, which would indicate a server configuration issue. I recommend contacting your server provider who should be able to access server logs to understand what is happening. You can also send them the ES3Cloud.php files to help them understand what the script is doing if required.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
otisildor

Re: Using Cloud.Sync function returns 'ES3Cloud is functioning correctly' server error, but file is not uploaded to tabl

Post by otisildor »

Thanks Joel,

One weird thing is that when I put in an incorrect API key in my sync function, it recognizes that and I get the "Incorrect API Key" error, which to me indicates that it is receiving the POST data? It is only when I put in the correct API key that I get the "ES3CLoud is functioning correctly" error. Anyways, I appreciate the quick response! I'll repost here if I can find the issue.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

That's very strange as the only thing which triggers the "ES3Cloud is functioning correctly" error is a check to check whether the apiKey is set, immediately before the line which checks it's valid. It sounds like your API key could contain characters that your server doesn't like and it's rejecting it. But your server provider should be able to determine whether this is the case.

Just to check: are you using the latest version of the ES3Cloud.php script?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
otisildor

Post by otisildor »

Yes, I checked and made sure I was using the latest version of ES3. One issue I had previously was that I had to manually add the ES3Variables.php file to my server since the ES3Cloud.php file was unable to write it to the server due to permission restrictions. What I decided to do was delete my ES3Variables file and then just fix the permission problem so that the ES3Cloud file could write to my server to create the ES3Variables file. That ended up fixing my issue, so I must have had some error like the one you mentioned with the API key being weird. I'm not actually sure what the exact error was since I just reset it. But also my API key was purely numbers, so I don't think the characters were the issue. Oh well!

Now I'm having a different issue, but I'll start a different post for that. Thanks!