Loading Prefab Creates Duplicate

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
griz

Loading Prefab Creates Duplicate

Post by griz »

Hi, I'm having trouble loading a prefab. I have a character that gets created in another scene, then gets put into the level where the player can run around and do things. The character is the child of a manager object that controls the camera, movement, etc. If I save, I can run away somewhere else, then if I load it snaps me back into place as expected. The problem is if I exit play mode then come back to the level, when I do a load, it creates a duplicate of the manager object, including the character child, and the character is created at the position I saved at before. The original manager and character objects still exist, but the original character object gets deactivated.

https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... s-prefabs/

This page says it will create an instance of the prefab if it doesn’t exist in the scene, but it seems to just be creating one regardless of it already existing.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Loading Prefab Creates Duplicate

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you replicate your issue in a new project with a simple scene and private message a link to it to me with instructions.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
griz

Post by griz »

I ended up just skipping the scene where the player would normally be instantiated and set up, and instead just went directly into the level and loaded a fresh prefab of the player character, instead of applying data to an existing prefab. So far that seems to be working ok and avoids the possibility of the duplicate issue altogether.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad you managed to resolve the issue.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started