Is there an Example you would like to see?

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Is there an Example you would like to see?

Post by Joel »

Is there an Example or Tutorial you would like to see?

Add your suggestions to this thread and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,
Joel
tohmjudson

Re: Is there an Example you would like to see?

Post by tohmjudson »

I would really love to see an example (if possible): of recording audio or video, saving it, and then attaching it to a game object. Easy Save will be an instant buy if this can be done.

Thanks!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Thanks for your suggestion, we've just created the tutorial and it can be found HERE. We hope you enjoy using Easy Save!

All the best,
Joel
justinl

Post by justinl »

Are there just some basic examples such as saving and loading a handful of variables? All of the examples here on the board appear to be more specific examples. Where are the beginner tutorials for doing basic things (not including reading the whole API)? Is there a sample scene to view so I can see things working how they are meant to be implemented in a project context?

Thanks,
Justin
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Justin,

We're working on some beginner tutorials and example scenes as we speak.

All the best,
Joel
Balls2Big4Sack

Easy Save 2 Worth Every Penny!

Post by Balls2Big4Sack »

Hello, I recently purchased Easy Save 2, and I'll be sure to give it a good review in the asset store, as it really helped me in a snag in my Indie development. Before I start, I'd like to say I have playmaker as well and would love to see more tutorials working with unity.

However, I am wondering what would be the best approach to really utilizing this asset in a strategy/tower defense setting, where there are multiple prefabs instantiated in a scene. I plan to use FindGameObjectsWithTag() to select the objects in the scene and save an array of transform locations.

Is this the best approach? We would prefer to use FSMs, so if you made a tutorial on any of these issues it would help me greatly, and I'd write a glowing review.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Thanks, the praise is much appreciated! And you'll be pleased to hear that more Playmaker tutorials are in the pipeline.

The method you describe is the easiest way of doing it without using an FSM. If you have not seen it already, there is also this example which shows one way of handling instantiated objects.

Because Playmaker doesn't support Transform as a variable type, when using an FSM you will need to save the position and rotation separately as a Vector3 and a Quaternion. However, we'll make an example which describes this in more detail.

Regards,
Joel
srancsik

Post by srancsik »

First of all, thank you for this brilliant tool, the Playmaker integration is just awesome!

I would really appreciate an example about creating toplists of saved records. In more details:
-Suppose there are 2 variables: Player name (string) and elapsed time (float)
-Once the Player accomplishes the level the variables are saved (sure thing, so far I can make it)
-In next step a list appears with all saved records sorted increasing based on elapsed time

Thank you in advance for your help.
Balázs
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Balázs,

Because this example is very specific to your project, and isn't very specific to Easy Save 2, we wouldn't be able to make an example of this exact scenario. However, we are in the process of making some more Playmaker tutorials which should be able to point you in the right direction.

All the best,
Joel
jboyte

Post by jboyte »

I bought Easy Save and I so appreciate you making this available.

Can you PLEASE point me to a simple tutorial on saving and loading a LIST where the items are strings.

If you don't have time, maybe you could point me to something very similar and I will get it figured out.

Thanks Again!

Grace & Peace to you!
jim