_ES3Ref is changing somehow for ScriptableObjects

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
MartinL

_ES3Ref is changing somehow for ScriptableObjects

Post by MartinL »

Hi there,

I have a ScriptableObject (let's name it inventory SO) that holds a List of a serialized custom class (let's name it InventoryItem)

this custom class has a reference to another ScriptableObject (let's name it InventoryItem SO)

One or two of those InventoryItem SO's that I have created recently are serialized with different _ES3Ref values when I save the serialized InventorySO

For me this results - strange to me - with null references for those InventoryItem SO's

I faced this when loading another scene - then I saw that my Inventory SO with the list of InventoryItems has some of them with null values (InventoryItem SO's references)

For some of my ScriptableObjects (InventoryItem SO's) I cannot reproduce this. It is just for the recently created ones

Any idea? How can I expose the ES3Ref? Where is this coming from?

Thanks and cheers

Edit: seems that this post has a very similar issue https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1723
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: _ES3Ref is changing somehow for ScriptableObjects

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

First, try the following things:
  • Ensure you're using the latest version of Easy Save.
  • Ensure that your ScriptableObjects are dependencies of every scene that you're saving/loading in.
  • Right-click your ScriptableObjects and select Tools > Easy Save 3 > Add Reference(s) to Manager (you should do this while each scene you're saving/loading in is open).
If this doesn't resolve the issue, please could you replicate your issue in a new project with a simple scene and private message it to me so I can see what is happening?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
MartinL

Post by MartinL »

Hi Joel,

for my first tests it was now no more reproducable with the hint of "add References to the Manager" in the scenes. I was not aware of this step. It seems (when I look into the big list) that usually this is done automatically? And sometimes need to have it done manually?

Enjoy the weekend. And hopefully this is now fixed for me. But for now it seems good

Cheers
Martin
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Martin,

This is done automatically for references which are a dependency of your scene. If it's not a dependency you will need to add it yourself.

For more information please see the References guide:
https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... eferences/

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started