Auto Save and ES3.Save multiple Scene issue

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
subu

Auto Save and ES3.Save multiple Scene issue

Post by subu »

I have been using Auto Save on prefabs and scene, and also using this ES3.Save<int>("Store1NumberUnlocked"); ES3.Load<int>("Store1NumberUnlocked",0);
What i expected was that this key "Store1NumberUnlocked" will not change its value when there is change of scene, but when i enter a new scene the previous scene value of "Store1NumberUnlocked" key gets rewritten with default value as it couldn't find the file with that key. if i remove easy manager(which contain es3 autosavemgr and es3 referencemgr script ) in the scenes, the value doesn't get rewritten and the key works in all scenes, but doing this makes unable to use auto save on the scenes and prefabs. Is there any solution where i can use auto save and also use few keys values globally without getting rewritten?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Auto Save and ES3.Save multiple Scene issue

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If it's telling you that the file doesn't exist then it means that the file you've written to is different from the file you're loading from.

Please could you show me the code you're using to save in your first scene, and the code you're using to load in your second scene?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started