Saving/Loading works perfectly in editor, but build does not work.

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Kyper

Saving/Loading works perfectly in editor, but build does not work.

Post by Kyper »

Everything saves and loads perfectly when I am in the Unity engine, but not in my build.

Things appear to be saving correctly into my persistent data directory.

However, when I go to load them, I get:

Code: Select all

Reference with ID 2508162986731101735 could not be found in Easy Save's reference manager.
When I look into the save file, I can see that this ID is in-fact the one that is saved for the field that I want.

The field in question is just a reference to a prefab. I have already tried adding this reference to the manager by right clicking. Is there a way to avoid having to do this? I am guessing that is what "Use Global References" does, but I couldn't find documentation.

I can confirm that the settings are being loaded due to the custom save file name "blahblahblah.dat"

I am not using encryption.

Unity version 2022.1.7f1
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Saving/Loading works perfectly in editor, but build does not work.

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We've had no reports of this behaviour before and saving and loading a prefab appears to be working fine at our end. Please could you replicate this in a new project with a simple scene and private message it to me with step-by-step instructions.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Kyper

Re: Saving/Loading works perfectly in editor, but build does not work.

Post by Kyper »

I recreated something very similar in another project at it seemed to work. However, in my primary project with 400+ references, I am definitely still getting this issue. I have triple-checked that the reference was added to the reference manager, adding manually through right clicking. It seems like references are potentially being wiped or IDs are being changed when I build.

Edit: I changed to a different model of saving, just using es3prefabs now and loading in the values I want. It is working now.