Where is the save file on teh android phone?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Recktardeded

Where is the save file on teh android phone?

Post by Recktardeded »

I would like to know where does the save file gets created on the phone, so i can find it, and delete it.
Thanks!
Recktardeded

Re: Where is the save file on teh android phone?

Post by Recktardeded »

I would like to mention that i ve found it, but only if i use my phone and an application from the play called "ZArchiver". The file is located inside the Android/data/"my unity project"/SaveFile.es3
But now my problem is that, on the first phone i ve installed my project, everytime i install the app again, i still have some progress saved to it, and i need to delete the file manually to remove the progress. I've also installed the project to a different phone, that had no older version installed, and it started with zero progress, which is the intended use. Is there any way you can help me remove any previous progress if the app is installed for the first time?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Where is the save file on teh android phone?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This behaviour is defined by Android rather than at our end, and is intended as otherwise save data would be deleted each time the app is updated.

If you want the save data to be deleted, deleting the app itself should also remove the save data (for example as described here: https://www.maketecheasier.com/remove-l ... %20deleted.).

If this isn't working for you I recommend consulting an Android forum as they will be able to give you more specific advice about how each version of Android functions.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started