[BUG] Things auto saving when they shouldn't be and appearing outside of play mode.

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Kyper

[BUG] Things auto saving when they shouldn't be and appearing outside of play mode.

Post by Kyper »

Hello,

I have auto saving disabled. When I play the first time, things seem correct. When I stop and replay, there will be children of saved objects in the scene itself.

When I "Clear Persistent Data Path" and "Clear PlayerPrefs" they DO NOT go away.

They are visible in the scene view when the game is NOT playing.

The objects DO NOT appear in the hierarchy, which is also alarming because I'm not sure if there could be a leak as a result of this.

The objects DO disappear if I stop and restart the unity engine itself.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: [BUG] Things auto saving when they shouldn't be and appearing outside of play mode.

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We've had no reports of this and don't appear to be able to replicate this at our end, and haven't made any changes to Auto Save which could cause this behaviour.

Please could you replicate this in a new project with a simple scene using the latest version of Easy Save and private message it to me with instructions so I can see what is happening.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Kyper

Re: [BUG] Things auto saving when they shouldn't be and appearing outside of play mode.

Post by Kyper »

This was a misunderstanding. Please disregard.