Duplicate prefab references?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Junglerally

Duplicate prefab references?

Post by Junglerally »

Hi there! I have an issue with using the ES3 prefab component and the references. The prefabs occur multiple times in the references, which doesn't necessarily break anything but is probably very unorganized and unperformant. I know this question has been asked before on here but all those fixes were sent through PMs so there wasn't anything for me to get out of it really.
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 11.39.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 11.39.40 AM.png (22.06 KiB) Viewed 969 times
This screenshot only shows a few of the prefabs, but you can clearly see there are duplicates, like Rock1 & Hedge.

Thank you in advance!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Duplicate prefab references?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The screenshot don’t show the reference list but is instead the Auto Save window, and will not affect performance. All the window does is show all of the prefabs in your project. These aren’t necessarily prefabs which are referenced by the manager.

We’ve not seen it show duplicate prefabs before unless there are multiple prefabs with the same name (which is expected in this situation). If these aren’t multiple prefabs with the same name, please could you create a basic project with replicates this and private message it to me with instructions so that I can see what is happening.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Junglerally

Post by Junglerally »

Sorry, here is a screenshot showing the references.
ES3 references.png
ES3 references.png (117.13 KiB) Viewed 962 times
As you can see there are things shown many times, Rock 1 I count 7 times! I don't have multiple prefabs with the same name either.

This is a picture of the folder with my rock prefabs, one is named Rock 1 and the other Rock 2.
Picture of rocks folder.png
Picture of rocks folder.png (17.51 KiB) Viewed 962 times
The only ones with the ES3 Prefab script are the darker colored ones that are actually prefabs. The ones with arrows are the model and the icon, and the green diamond is a scriptable object that holds some data about the object. I don't think that would mess anything up because I tried renaming all those things earlier and nothing changed.

Thank you for your help!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We’ve not seen this before. Please could you create a project which replicates this and private message it to me with instructions so I can see what is happening.

Also just to clarify this shouldn’t cause any performance issues because the prefabs are merged into a Dictionary during build so any duplicates would be removed.

All the best,
Joel
Junglerally

Post by Junglerally »

I will see what I can do tomorrow, I don't have enough time tonight. Thank you! Also I am glad it wont cause any issues I guess it's just messy which bothers me.
Junglerally

Post by Junglerally »

I am so sorry about all this! I have figured out the issue. I had other prefabs in my project that included those prefabs, which I assume also had the ES3 Prefab script. I have since deleted those prefabs (I no longer have a use for them) and Now I only have the prefabs that I need in my references (brought the number down to 23). Thank you for all your help! One of the best assets I have ever purchased, partly because of the excellent service.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad you managed to find out what was happening, let me know if you run into any other issues.

All the best,
Joel