GetKeys() is returning a way lower number than the amount of entries I have in my file

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
shadenmonk

GetKeys() is returning a way lower number than the amount of entries I have in my file

Post by shadenmonk »

For some reason, using GetKeys().length on my file returns a length of 13 instead of the 40+ entries I have in my .bytes file. Any idea of what may be going on? I Checked the formatting on the .bytes file and it appears to be all intact.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: GetKeys() is returning a way lower number than the amount of entries I have in my file

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We've had no reports of this, and it appears to be working fine at our end.

Please could you send me the file you're getting the keys from and the code you're using to get the keys?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
shadenmonk

Re: GetKeys() is returning a way lower number than the amount of entries I have in my file

Post by shadenmonk »

Thank you for the quick response. I changed the ext to .txt from .bytes so I could attach it here.

0_Classic.txt is the file I am pulling from. Using the GetKeys() function, the only keys that are returning are Keys:
"Classic_3" up to "Classic_15"

All other entries were ignored. At the top you can see a total of only 13 keys were detected.
classic_3_15.jpg
classic_3_15.jpg (27.17 KiB) Viewed 899 times
Attachments
0_Classic.txt
(54.19 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I think you might be mistaken. The only keys I'm seeing in that file are Classic_3 to Classic_15, so all of the keys in that file are being returned by Easy Save correctly.

To illustrate this I've put it into a JSON formatter and collapsed all of the keys so it only shows the key names, and attached a screenshot of this.

All the best,
Joel
Attachments
JSON.PNG
JSON.PNG (61.13 KiB) Viewed 897 times
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
shadenmonk

Post by shadenmonk »

I see, I was using the IDE called Atom to look at my .byte files (because opening them through unity would break the ES3 assemblies for some reason, requiring me to do a reimport all), but anyways, the file that I had opened in Atom (with all the keys) was not representing the actual contents of the 0_Classic.bytes file. Weird mix up, I'll have to be aware of that in the future.

Below is the key values that were in the file I was seeing.

Thanks for looking into this for me and being quick to respond. Cheers
Attachments
classic_all.jpg
classic_all.jpg (81.99 KiB) Viewed 897 times