NullReferenceException with Volume

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Rdbk

NullReferenceException with Volume

Post by Rdbk »

I added global volume to my scene for some post-processing bloom, but now I am getting NullReferenceException errors from ES3 from time to time because of that. It doesn't break the scene, but it would still be nice to somehow fix it. Ideas? I am using Unity 2020.3.5f1 with URP (2D Renderer). Here's the error:

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.Rendering.VolumeComponent.GetHashCode () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@10.4.0/Runtime/Volume/VolumeComponent.cs:215)
System.Collections.Generic.ObjectEqualityComparer`1[T].GetHashCode (T obj) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
ES3Internal.ES3SerializableDictionary`2[TKey,TVal].OnAfterDeserialize () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3SerializableDictionary.cs:42)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: NullReferenceException with Volume

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This will be a bug at Unity's end, as it indicates that their GetHashCode() method is returning a NullReferenceException. This is unfortunately not something we can work around at our end, so I recommend sending them a bug report so that they can address this.

You might also want to try updating Unity beforehand just in case they've already provided a fix for this.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started