IOException: Sharing violation on path

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
syu15

IOException: Sharing violation on path

Post by syu15 »

I had this exception while trying to save/load my project. I saw on another forum post that this might be because I am trying to save/load from a couple different c# scripts. Does that assumption make sense? If so, are there other best practices/tips for using ES3 or some documentation I can refer to around this? I didn't see anything telling me the best way to set up my project but perhaps I missed it.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: IOException: Sharing violation on path

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This error will only happen if you're either trying to use Easy Save from multiple places using threads (it won't happen if you're just using normal scripts as Easy Save is synchronous), or the file you are trying to save to/load from is being accessed elsewhere (for example, the file is open in a text editor or cloud software is trying to access it without locking it).

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
syu15

Post by syu15 »

Thanks for responding to me. This issue is popping up without either of those conditions being true. Is there any other possibility? I noticed it seems to error when I have the script checking for ES3 keys in the `Awake` hook and disappears when I move it to the `Start` hook. Is there a reason this might be the case?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you replicate this in a new project with a simple scene and send it to me with instructions?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started