ES3.KeyExists is Not Working?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
white

ES3.KeyExists is Not Working?

Post by white »

Sorry, I’m not good at English.

I have released a game for PC, and many people are playing it without any problems.

But, some people have commented that it is not possible to save and load game data in a Windows 32bit environment.
When I got Player.Log, it seems that the phenomenon that the key that should exist cannot be found at ES3.KeyExists.

Is it possible that the processing of ES3.KeyExists may be strange depending on the specifications of the PC?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: ES3.KeyExists is Not Working?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've had no other reports of this, and the specification of the PC shouldn't make a difference. Please could you let me know how you've determined that ES3.KeyExists is not working?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
white

Post by white »

I'm sorry, the user's report was inaccurate and I suspected ES3.KeyExists.

When I got Player.Log of the corresponding part, when ES3.Save was executed,

UnauthorizedAccessException access to the path "C: Program Files \ ~ \ SaveFile.es3.tmp" is denied.

I found that the above error was occurring.

The situation after this is unclear, but users have reported that the save data will disappear, and it is presumed that a blank SaveFile.es3 has been generated or deleted.

However, only a few percent of all users report this issue, so it's likely that it's due to the PC environment.

Is there anything that can be a hint for a solution?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

UnauthorizedAccessExceptions are thrown by the OS so are not something we have control over at our end, but indicates that the location being stored to doesn't have the required write permissions.

The only place guaranteed to be writable at runtime is Application.persistentDataPath, but it looks like you might have changed the storage location to Application.dataPath, as Application.persistentDataPath doesn't point to a directory within Program Files.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
white

Post by white »

Thank you for your reply.

Certainly I am using dataPath.

Since it is not realistic to change the save location in released games, I decided to use persistentDataPath as a backup.