Select components to save in non-auto save mode

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
simplynew

Select components to save in non-auto save mode

Post by simplynew »

Hi,

I just purchased ES3. I have a question about non-auto save.

I have few fairly simple game objects that I want to save, but I want to exclude few components on those game objects (for example, Polygoncollider, Transform). I know I can update PolygonCollider ES3 script to exclude those, but then it will apply to all Transforms, Polygoncolliders.

In short, the view that gets enabled when I set it for Auto Save, can that be used in non-autosave mode? In that view, I can select each component that I want to save for each gameObject. But, I am not able to find a way to use this when I am not using auto-save.

I think I am missing something fundamental in my approach.

---Update---
I kind of found a way to solve this. I am using auto-save without specific events. I am manually saving data using ES3AutoSaveMgr.Current.Save(). It is working as expected.

Thanks.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Select components to save in non-auto save mode

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Glad you managed to find a solution.

Just in case anyone else comes across this, if you want to choose which Components get stored when using code you would save the Components separately rather than using ES3.Save<GameObject>.

However, there is an easier way if using ES3.Save<GameObject>. You can simply select the Components in the Auto Save window, and then set the Save and Load event for Auto Save to none. Then when calling ES3.Save<GameObject>, it will only save the Components you specified in the Auto Save window.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started