Batch Process prefab setup

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Larry2013z

Batch Process prefab setup

Post by Larry2013z »

Hi Joel,

I am using Easy Save Auto Save to save and load prefab instances. I have a level building game where the player can spawn from a very large list of prefabs (thousands). Its my understanding that I have to add a ES3 prefab component to each prefab. In addition in ES3 Settings, in the Prefab tab, I have to open every single prefab (again I have thousands) and check the Transform checkbox.
When I do this everything works fine but I have so many directories and subdirectories its taking a very long time and I keep missing some prefabs. Is there some option or tool I can use to batch process (speed this up) and make it more efficient?

Thanks,

Larry
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Batch Process prefab setup

Post by Joel »

Hi Larry,

Regarding adding ES3Prefab Components to multiple GameObjects, I've created a version of Easy Save for you which allows you to use the 'Enable Easy Save for Prefab(s)' context menu item when multiple GameObjects are selected. If you private message me your invoice number I'll be happy to send this over.

Regarding batching Auto Save, you may be able to write your own Editor script to do this. To enable Auto Save for a GameObject programmatically you would do the following:

Code: Select all

var autoSave = Undo.AddComponent<ES3AutoSave>(go);
autoSave.componentsToSave.Add(go.transform);
EditorUtility.SetDirty(autoSave);
All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Larry2013z

Re: Batch Process prefab setup

Post by Larry2013z »

Message sent. Thanks.