FormartException Error

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Brandeno

FormartException Error

Post by Brandeno »

Hi Everyone,

saving and loading has been working great! Except for about 2 minutes ago when I tried loading the game and started getting the following error (I can't load anymore), I've also tried deleting the save file with the same results and using unity collab to go back to an earlier save but still getting the same error...:

FormatException: Expected '}', found ']'.
ES3Internal.ES3JSONReader.ReadCharIgnoreWhitespace (System.Char expectedChar) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3JSONReader.cs:376)
ES3Internal.ES3JSONReader.EndReadObject () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3JSONReader.cs:116)
ES3Reader.ReadObject[T] (ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:251)
ES3Reader.Read[T] (ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:278)
ES3Types.ES3CollectionType.ReadICollection[T] (ES3Reader reader, System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1[T] collection, ES3Types.ES3Type elementType) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Collection Types/ES3CollectionType.cs:52)
ES3Types.ES3ArrayType.Read (ES3Reader reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Collection Types/ES3ArrayType.cs:36)
ES3Reader.Read[T] (ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:274)
ES3.Deserialize (ES3Types.ES3Type type, System.Byte[] bytes, ES3Settings settings) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:775)
ES3.Deserialize[T] (System.Byte[] bytes, ES3Settings settings) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:764)
ES3File.Load[T] (System.String key, T defaultValue) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3File.cs:243)
ES3.Load[T] (System.String key, T defaultValue, ES3Settings settings) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:413)
ES3AutoSaveMgr.Load () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Auto Save/ES3AutoSaveMgr.cs:81)
ES3AutoSaveMgr.Start () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Auto Save/ES3AutoSaveMgr.cs:87)

I've tried deleting the previous script I just made and it didn't fix anything. Not to osure why this came up as there haven't been any changes to the project? It was working fine and then just stopped.. If any relevance I did just update OBS studio.

Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: FormartException Error

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This usually happens when your serialisation structure has changed from being an array to an object. In this case deleting your save data by going to Tools > Easy Save 3 > Clear Persistent Data Path should resolve the issue.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Brandeno

Post by Brandeno »

Hi Joel,

Unfortunately, the same error is still occurring :(

Thank you
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Have you created any ES3Types or changed anything in Easy Save's Types window? If so, you may need to regenerate the type so that it's saving and loading the correct type.

If this isn't the issue, please could you create a new project with a very basic scene which isolates the issue and private message it to me with instructions?

All the best,
Joel
Brandeno

Post by Brandeno »

Hi Joel,

As far as i remember i don't think i changed anything in the types window (I definitely haven't in the past week) and when I create a new project, the new project saves and loads fine. It's only this project I'm having issues with.

Thank you.
Brandon
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Brandon,

Please could you create a new project with a very basic scene which replicates your issue and private message it to me with instructions?

All the best,
Joel
Brandeno

Post by Brandeno »

Hi Joel,

I've tried to replicate the issue with a different project/scene but can't, it only happens on this scene in this project. Creating a new project and/or a new scene will not reproduce this error.

Thanks.
Brandon
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Brandon,

Are you able to create a copy of your project and reduce your live project to it's bare minimum, rather than starting from a new project?

All the best,
Joel