Remove items from ES3GlobalReferences

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Remove items from ES3GlobalReferences

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Apologies, I wasn't clear. You should delete that object so that Easy Save can regenerate it.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
mdeim

Post by mdeim »

mdeim wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:39 pm Hi Joel,

Ok in that case, I'm a bit confused. You said:

"You can reset it by deleting the ES3GlobalReferences Component from the ES3GlobalReferences object and readding it."

I don't see the object you're referring to. All I see is this, you're saying I should delete this? This is also where those unneeded refs are as well.
Oh, and just to be clear, the above is the component, I can't find the object. If I delete the component, I don't think it will be automatically added in. And as I stated in the earlier posts, I don't have the ES3References object anywhere. I even have an asset to check the location of assets and can't find it in any scenes, yet the references from this object still get included in my build...
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Apologies, I think you may have missed my previous post:
ES3GlobalReferences is never used in the scene, and is only used in Editor. It exists in Plugins/Easy Save 3/Resources/ES3/.
The file you need to delete is Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Resources/ES3/ES3GlobalReferences. This is in the Assets folder, and will not be found in any scene.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
mdeim

Post by mdeim »

Hi Joel,

Sorry for the super late reply. I finally got around to doing this, other things in my life + other parts of development took all my attention.

Ok I did it, and everything seems to be working. I haven't tested out yet building the game and seeing if the old refs exist, but once the development of other parts of the app are complete, I will let you know if I still see them. Thanks so much for your help!