Question about saving method/integration

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
softrare

Question about saving method/integration

Post by softrare »

Hi fellow Asset Store publisher!

I sell the plugin EZReplayManager in the Asset Store.

A major problem is saving replays to file and loading them back on iOS, as somehow ADT doesn't seem to work very nicely with serialing using BinaryFormatter. I on the other hand rely on BinaryFormatter as it enables me to save whole datastructures.

A customer of yours who wants to buy my package recently asked if it would be possible to save a replay which was produced by my plugin with your plugin.

So I guess my question is, what component do you use to save? The customer of yours told me, you are also saving binary data and it is working on iOS. Have you found a workaround for the iOS problems, or are you using completely own code? Is it possible with your plugin to save whole datastructures?

Thank you very much!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Question about saving method/integration

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We mostly use our own code and manually add support for classes. This allows for extremely fast saving and loading with low memory usage and very small save files; it's substantially more efficient than other methods which use reflection or built-in serialisation methods (XML/JSON/etcetera), and it works on most platforms, but you have to manually add support for custom classes (though we're currently working on a solution to this too).

We can't provide any advice on integrating with other plugins, but the best idea is to check out our documentation at http://moodkie.com/easysave/documentation to see how you might integrate it. There's a Comprehensive example on saving and loading custom classes too, though as its a flexible plugin there are many different ways someone could do it depending on what suits them.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Joel