Auto Updating Custom Type When Changed

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
rrlDev

Auto Updating Custom Type When Changed

Post by rrlDev »

Hi. Loving Easy Save 2 so far. Just a quick question.

I have a custom class that holds various primitive types. I have used ES2's Manage Types editor window to create a ES2UserType script for my class and saving and loading work great. What I was wondering is if it is possible in any way to have ES2 automatically update that ES2UserType script whenever I change my custom class. This class contains a lot of different properties and I am continually adding new ones and it gets a little annoying having to find it in that huge list in the Manage Types window and re-check everything every time I need to update the ES2UserType script. I realize the check boxes are so you can pick and choose what you want to save, but if I wanted to just save every single acceptable property that gets added to that class, is there a way to automatically update my ES2UserType script, maybe whenever Unity recompiles the code or something?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide, and sorry if I overlooked something that makes this possible.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Auto Updating Custom Type When Changed

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Unfortunately Unity currently gives us no way of doing this, unless they've added something to the pipeline in 5.1 to make it possible (I'll send them a quick email to see if this is the case).

Generally in a workflow of this sort, people wait until classes have been completed before generating the complete ES2Types, though I understand that this may not be possible for all scenarios.

All the best,
Joel
rrlDev

Re: Auto Updating Custom Type When Changed

Post by rrlDev »

All right. Thanks for the response. That's unfortunate I guess. I'll just try to get my classes all set up as soon as possible.