Backwards compatibility for older save files

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Backwards compatibility for older save files

Post by Joel »

Backward compatibility for older save files

If you've been using an earlier version of Easy Save (pre-Feb 2014), you may find that you get the following error when trying to load save data with the latest versions of Easy Save:

Code: Select all

CryptographicException: Bad PKCS7 padding. Invalid length
This is because the way in which Easy Save encrypts data has since changed to account for changes in Unity. You can tell if your older version of Easy Save is affected by this because it will use Elixis.dll in the Assets/Plugins folder, instead of MoodkieSecurity.dll.

However, if you wish to use a newer version of Easy Save, but still want to be able to open these old save files, you can use the UnityPackage attached below to enable backwards compatibility.
Attachments
MoodkieSecurity for Legacy Elixis.unitypackage
(5.18 KiB) Downloaded 1897 times
EchoGao

Re: Backwards compatibility for older save files

Post by EchoGao »

where i can see the latest easy save?recently i use easy save 2.6.x,unity 5.3.4f.i build in android is ok,run in unity editor is ok .but when i run it in iphone used by il2cpp,it is not work.but mono2x is ok?how can i solve the problem? :shock: :cry:
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

IL2CPP is supported in 2.7. And as always, Easy Save is only available from the Unity Asset Store.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
_ralph

Post by _ralph »

Hey Joel,

I'm seeing this issue with the latest update. I believe it may have something to do with the buffer size being removed from the global settings? Is there any chance you have a quick fix for the most latest release?

Thanks,
Ralph
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

_ralph wrote:Hey Joel,

I'm seeing this issue with the latest update. I believe it may have something to do with the buffer size being removed from the global settings? Is there any chance you have a quick fix for the most latest release?

Thanks,
Ralph
Hi Ralph,

I've replied to your message in the thread you created here: http://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 3541#p3541

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started