PlayMaker Actions missing Finish();

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
Gustav

PlayMaker Actions missing Finish();

Post by Gustav »

Hello everyone,

at first I want to say that Easy Save 2 is a fantastic Asset for Unity. It's incredible easy to use and powerful. :)
I'm using it in conjunction with PlayMaker, which is really cool. Thank you Joel.

Now I encountered an issue, maybe. If I add e.g. the Get Files and/or Get Folders actions to a state the FINISHED transition isn't fired anymore.
PlayMakers FSM Log window shows that the state is stuck on this actions. The array variables are filled with the files and folders correctly.

I don't understand this behavior. In my opinion I just want to set the array variables like any other variables and the state shoud fire FINISHED after that.
Am I overlooking something? Or someone can explain this behavior?

These and some other actions seems missing the Finish(); function in their scripts.

Thank you in advance.
Gustav

P.S. Here is the link to the topic on the PlayMaker forum: State doesn't fire FINISHED
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: PlayMaker Actions missing Finish();

Post by Joel »

Hi Gustav,

This appears to be a bug in the code which generates the actions at our end. If you PM me your invoice number and email address I'll send you over a working version of the Playmaker actions.

Alternatively you can fix the issue yourself by finding the Get Files and GetFolders actions in the Assets/Playmaker/Actions/ES2Playmaker.cs file and putting Finish(); underneath the base.OnEnter(); line in each of the actions.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Gustav

Re: PlayMaker Actions missing Finish();

Post by Gustav »

Hi Joel,

thank you for your great support. I can fix this by myself, thank you.

But please don't forget to fix the actions in the next release. :)

Greetings
Gustav